Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **death In Old Forge!!

Default **death In Old Forge!!

Snowmobiler killed in Webb

TOWN OF WEBB A Madison County woman was killed when her snowmobile struck a stone breakwall on Fourth Lake early Sunday, Town of Webb police said.

Christine A. McJury, 35, of Bridgeport, was taken by ambulance to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica after the 2:35 a.m. crash, and was pronounced dead as a result of head injuries, police said.

McJury struck the wall on the north shoreline of Fourth Lake, throwing her off the sled.

The snowmobile also burst into flames upon impact, police said.
    Police said they are still trying to determine the cause of the accident.
    member of JOEEE's posse

2. Forum Advertisement:

WOW ----very sad

My camp is in Eagle Bay and we heard the trucks go out. Never a good sign at that time of night. We were at the North Woods (via truck) earlier and we could just make out the sleds crossing the lake by their headlights. The fog we real heavy.

there should be a law...my opinion..all sleds in at 12:00 pm..any out..ticket..just my opinion....the first thing everyone thinks about at that time is "alcohol" ..was it involved in these types of accidents...
    now if it was...will there be another lawsuit??? bartender charged???...lets hope it did not...
    sorry to hear about this...
    member of JOEEE's posse

Unhappy Make better choice's

I think we need to stop making law's to try an protect people from them self's and start holeding people acountable for there action's... Just read the first part of the story....to me it sounds like the police are trying to blame the snowmobile.. """TOWN OF WEBB A Madison County woman was killed when her snowmobile struck a stone breakwall on Fourth Lake early Sunday, Town of Webb police said.""" SNOWMOBLIE'S DON'T HURT PEOPLE...PEOPLE HURT THEM SELF'S ON SNOWMOBILE'S.... I feel very sad for Christine A. McJury family...But they have to understand that she made a CHOICE to be out at that time of the night on the lake when it was foggy....Now if "alcohol" was involed why should it be the bartender fault...did the bartender make the choice for her to drink? NO!!! ... "IF" she was drinking she made the CHOICE to do so not the guy or gal behind the bar...end of story. Now let's say "alcohol" was not involed...Next thing ya know the family will try and bring a lawsuit to the owner of the wall...saying it shouldn't be there and quess what now someone will try to make another law trying to protect us from are self's and the next thing ya know you can't ride the lake any more... It's all about making CHOICE'S and holeding are self's acountable for are actions

Christine A. McJury RIP.
    Last edited by Late_Braker; 01-30-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Bravo!
    Nice post Lake Breaker

You hit the nail on the head late braker. My prayers are with the faimly

right on the money late braker, i hope the best for christine's family

That sucks...very very sad.
    I agree w/ what your saying Late Breaker. It comes down to pionting the finger at someone. One of the reasons for this 55mph speed law on sleds. Yes it's to help curb accidents, but also to stop the "supposable"(is that even a word? ) victim of a accident, NOT sue everyone and their brother for their own actions. Ex: Railing down a trail, sharp turn...uh oh....into the trees(or whatever), sled crashed, possible injuries....Lets sue the land owner and club. Investigators reconstruct the accident, come to conclusion the driver of sled was over the 55mph limit. Hence HE/SHE is to be ticketed and NOT able to sue land owner and club. I like this law, even knowing I myself may get "caught" breaking it some day. If it helps protect a landowner and a club then good, cause then it helps protect the sport of snowmobiling as a whole. It will also hopefully make some of these people who think they can do what they want, where ever on a trail they want,wake up and realize there is rules, whether we like it or not.
    It's who we are ..... It's what we do !!!!

Im with you guys, you can blame the bartender, or bar, or sled maker or anyone else, its terriable when this happens but people need to be accountable. And we had went 2 years without a death and now 2 already this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast