Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronald Reagan quotes

Default Ronald Reagan quotes

There are those in America today who have come to depend absolutely on government for their security. And when government fails they seek to rectify that failure in the form of granting government more power. So, as government has failed to control crime and violence with the means given it by the Constitution, they seek to give it more power at the expense of the Constitution. But in doing so, in their willingness to give up their arms in the name of safety, they are really giving up their protection from what has always been the chief source of despotism - government. Lord Acton said power corrupts. Surely then, if this is true, the more power we give the government the more corrupt it will become. And if we give it the power to confiscate our arms we also give up the ultimate means to combat that corrupt power. In doing so we can only assure that we will eventually be totally subject to it. When dictators come to power, the first thing they do is take away the people's weapons. It makes it so much easier for the secret police to operate, it makes it so much easier to force the will of the ruler upon the ruled.

-Ronald Reagan

2. Forum Advertisement:

They tell us we must learn to live with less, and teach our children that their lives will be less full and prosperous than ours have been; that the America of the coming years will be a place where - because of our past excesses - it will be impossible to dream and make those dreams come true. I don't believe that. And, I don't believe you do either. That is why I am seeking the presidency. I cannot and will not stand by and see this great country destroy itself. Our leaders attempt to blame their failures on circumstances beyond their control, on false estimates by unknown, unidentifiable experts who rewrite modern history in an attempt to convince us our high standard of living, the result of thrift and hard work, is somehow selfish extravagance which we must renounce as we join in sharing scarcity. I don't agree that our nation must resign itself to inevitable decline, yielding its proud position to other hands. I am totally unwilling to see this country fail in its obligation to itself and to the other free peoples of the world.

-Ronald Reagan

Next Tuesday all of you will go to the polls, will stand there in the polling place and make a decision. I think when you make that decision, it might be well if you would ask yourself, are you better off than you were four years ago?

-Ronald Reagan

If we look to the answer as to why for so many years we achieved so much, prospered as no other people on earth, it was because here in this land we unleashed the energy and individual genius of man to a greater extent than has ever been done before. Freedom and the dignity of the individual have been more available and assured here than in any other place on earth. The price for this freedom at times has been high, but we have never been unwilling to pay the price.

-Ronald Reagan

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.

-Ronald Reagan

You won't get gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens. There's only one way to get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up and if you don't actually throw away the key, at least lose it for a long time... It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun controllers. I happen to know this from personal experience

-Ronald Reagan

There are those in America today who have come to depend absolutely on government for their security. And when government fails they seek to rectify that failure in the form of granting government more power. So, as government has failed to control crime and violence with the means given it by the Constitution, they seek to give it more power at the expense of the Constitution. But in doing so, in their willingness to give up their arms in the name of safety, they are really giving up their protection from what has always been the chief source of despotism -- government

-Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator

Missing RR, he became prez when I was stationed in Gitmo Cuba. We were soooo happy that day.
    I always enjoyed hearing him speak of our country and the issues we were/are facing.
    A true American Patriot!
    Not a weak traitor like there is today. 1980 was a great year!
    Link for current radar
    http://www.wunderground.com/radar/mi...e=2x&type=loop
    GOT MY SKIS UP IN THE AIR CUZ I JUST DON'T CARE..

Quote Originally Posted by nysnorider View Post
    Missing RR, he became prez when I was stationed in Gitmo Cuba. We were soooo happy that day.
    I always enjoyed hearing him speak of our country and the issues we were/are facing.
    A true American Patriot!
    Not a weak traitor like there is today. 1980 was a great year!
    Bill, remember when he said "some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference MARINES DONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM" Ronald Reagan 1985.. Great Man
    1991 yamaha exciter II
    1999 mxz 600
    2006 yamaha vector
    1987 yamaha venture royale
    1983 honda v65 magna
    1977 honda 400-4
    had a great time at the Freeman at Freakride 11,12,13 + 14
    MEMBER of ROTS POSSE
    " America will never be destroyed from the outside. if we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln

Brantingham NY/winter- Kutztown PA the rest of the year

When Reagan was president I and I believe the country had a sense of optimism we have not seen since and I am afraid we will not see anytime soon, There is nobody in politics today, left or right that can convey thoughts like Reagan could and make people believe in themselves. We as Americans need somone that can make us see that the government is taking away our freedoms more and more everyday and make us see that we the people are the power behind the United States. This country is in trouble and we need another person with Ronald Reagan qualities!!
    GR synthetics LLC.
    Greg Renninger,AMSOIL synthetics Direct Jobber
    A Sponsor of Sledfreak
    www.synthetics-us.com/1337943

Quote Originally Posted by sledman1 View Post
    When Reagan was president I and I believe the country had a sense of optimism we have not seen since and I am afraid we will not see anytime soon, There is nobody in politics today, left or right that can convey thoughts like Reagan could and make people believe in themselves. We as Americans need somone that can make us see that the government is taking away our freedoms more and more everyday and make us see that we the people are the power behind the United States. This country is in trouble and we need another person with Ronald Reagan qualities!!

The problem is we have people in politics that can convey thoughts that make people believe in the government. That the government will take care of us and solve all our problems. Too bad the governement is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Taking from those that work hard to give to those that want to do nothing.

This country is in trouble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast