Track to big??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track to big??

Yes, I am a newbie to sledfreak! Apparently you guys are the only ones cool enough to have a specific watercross forum (to my knowledge), which is awesome! Anyways, getting myself into the watercross world next year and am looking for some impute on track size. I have an XF 800 (13) available to me, it comes stock with a 141 1.6 cobra. To much for water? I plan on doing both stock ovals and drags. Just seeing if I should be budgeting myself for less length and or lug. I get the concept that less length is faster, more lug gives you faster acceleration but less top end, and longer tracks are more forgiving. just looking for some opinions, also I will be racing in the IWA.

Thanks in advance,

Tyler

Good luck w the Cat
    Yes the h2ox gang uses this site.
    Welcome n post often
    Link for current radar
    http://www.wunderground.com/radar/mi...e=2x&type=loop
    GOT MY SKIS UP IN THE AIR CUZ I JUST DON'T CARE..

Comment

I run a 121 but 1 3/4 14 and my little 6 has no problem with top end or power. shorter tracks will corner better and tighter.
      Sponcered by..Sledfreak.com,Waite Motorsports,Steven J Hall Construction..

Comment

Track lenth and lug height area matter preference. If you don't have the HP than attack with to much heigh will not be good. Short or long. I've been running a 133 X .98" lug height Polaris lightning style track for over 10 years. O love it.very forgiving . It's undrr a 1989 Indy 500chassis with a Carl's Cycle. 600 twin. It friggin rippp ass. My old drag sled ran a 136x 1.25 14" wide predator with. Ruglad big bore 660. 2yrara point champ against 800s. It's allon the set up my friend. Do yur home work ad ask a million questionsgood luck.
        As for cornering tighter, XMAYNARD couldn't turn his sled tight even if it was a on glare ice with 12" carbide. Lol. Had to jab ya bro !!!! How ya been Danny !!! I have zero issues turning at speed. Alot has to do with your physical size and strength. I'm 230 ,I toss a hip lean a bit and I turn. For tight turns it's all experience.
        ROT.
        Last edited by rotalaris; 08-12-2016, 11:56 PM. Reason: Just because
        H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
        Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Working...
        X