Snocross races

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snocross races

Haven't been on here in quite a while , with that being said I went to the snocross races at the fairgrounds in Sandy Creek... Had a blast. Especially enjoyed the little people racing the small sleds...Was wondering why the snow was like brown sugar instead of white??
    Why don't ya ask me what it feels like to be a Freak.......Rob Zombie

Originally posted by wheeler613 View Post
    Haven't been on here in quite a while , with that being said I went to the snocross races at the fairgrounds in Sandy Creek... Had a blast. Especially enjoyed the little people racing the small sleds...Was wondering why the snow was like brown sugar instead of white??

Hey wheeler613 - welcome back!!
    I wish we could have made the races in Sandy Creek being that it is the closest to 'home'.
    I believe its just the dirt that gets mixed into the snow that makes it look like brown sugar.
    And if they had to do any snow-making to build the track - the manmade snow is a much different consistency giving it a sugar like apperance.

glad you had a good time. Did you get any pictures?
    interested in advertising on Sledfreak???? contact us at: sales@sledfreak.com

Comment

No pics sorry

Why don't ya ask me what it feels like to be a Freak.......Rob Zombie

Comment

I was at the races on Saturday. We arrived at 12:00 after banging out over 100 miles that morning catching the early smooth trails.

The snow at the track was trucked in from parking lots, they say over 600 trucks of snow on the track. This parking lot snow gets a icy consistency because of so many freeze thaw cycles. It is more like little ice pellets than snow. You could hear the people getting ice blasted by the roosts from other sleds.

The little guys were fun to watch but not smart to send them out immediately after the groomer redid the track, smooth but huge jumps. They left a 4ft drop off on the back stretch and the kids were just driving right off it and landing nose down at the bottom. it took out 8 of the 10 little riders in that race, it was very sad to see them attending to the injured little kids. I am hoping none of them got hurt badly!

The thing that impressed me was the snow bikes! One race a guy on a bike went against 5-6 snowmobiles and although he got taken on the start, he battled all the way back to win the race and beat all the snowmobiles. That gut could really drive a snow bike he had it laid over almost horizontal in the turns just carrying amazing speed around the corners.

Comment

Working...
        X