New Blizzard Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blizzard Trailer

We updated trailers this year and ordered a new one from Blizzard around the time of the big east snowmobile show. We just picked it up this week as Blizzard is as busy as they have ever been. Right now they are a 12 week wait if you order a new trailer. We sold our 2007 Blizzard 14ft enclosed trailer a few weeks ago so the timing of the new one was perfect for us. The new trailer is 18ft long plus the V so we can get 3 sleds in the trailer if needed.

I will say the Blizzard quality is second to none, great quality materials and workmanship! The reason why we are buying another from them. This one we had the inside pre-finished, moved the man door and gas doors to the driver side and also the front ramp door to the drivers side which is opposite our last trailer because when you park along the side of a road you cant unload from the passenger side. We ordered it with the spring assist on both doors, you could lift them with a pinky finger... These also come with full length tie down channels on both sides for ease of loading and quick tie down. We added a layer of 1/2" advanrtek floor sheathing to the new floor to beef it up and protect the factory floor. We also added a Stainless fold down work bench along with a coat rack. We will be adding a few more things like fold down seats, heater and generator quick hookups. Maybe a few cat stickers and posters to make the inside a bit more homey...

Now if NY isn't getting snow we are headed to where we can find some.

Thatís a great trailer! Congrats!!
    My point is: Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrow's, or three thousand , or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.

Comment

Sharp trailer! Iíve been thinking about a 7/14 or seeing if theyíd build a 7.5/14 being I have only one sled and would occasionally have another person go that would be enough. I see that you havenít covered floor yet or are you going leave floor and just do the doors.

Comment

Thanks BackOnACat! I highly recommend the aluminum trailers and especially the blizzard. Very well built and they tow soooo nice!

We covered the entire floor in 1/2" advantek plywood. If you look in the third pic it is uncovered from when we picked it up. The fourth pic shows the floor completely covered. We did it on the last Blizzard and it definitely keeps the stock floor from getting messed up. We were concerned about rot in between the plywood but the last trailer it held up fine for 12 years.

The main thing that gets beat up is the ramps and we added some slides this time to protect them better.

Now Im trying to get some built in ventilation and heat set up now.

Comment

Youíre welcome! I bought a single clamshell triton last year used it for first time this weekend trip to forge. Tows nice and works well for me having only one sled. Iíve thought about leaving my sled up north in a trailer but have worried about condensation in the trailer as well as on the sled plus clamshell wouldnít handle snow load especially if I donít get there to remove it. The 7/14 looks like it would work great and would also hold 2 sleds if need be. Hauling 3 hours gets old. Hopefully youíve been able to try the trailer out.

Comment

Originally posted by backonacat View Post
            Youíre welcome! I bought a single clamshell triton last year used it for first time this weekend trip to forge. Tows nice and works well for me having only one sled. Iíve thought about leaving my sled up north in a trailer but have worried about condensation in the trailer as well as on the sled plus clamshell wouldnít handle snow load especially if I donít get there to remove it. The 7/14 looks like it would work great and would also hold 2 sleds if need be. Hauling 3 hours gets old. Hopefully youíve been able to try the trailer out.
            Glad you were able to get the maiden voyage with the trailer this weekend. We trailered up to Barnes Corners and stayed in the Tug Hill Lodging Main cabin, that place is a great spot being right on the sno-pals trails who do a great job keeping up with weekend traffic. We put 3 sleds on the trailer with room to spare, the trailer is working great! A few minor things we want to do to make it so the carbides don't catch the doors when loading but overall its great!

Nice thing about the enclosed is my sled flashed a code Friday morning so we pulled it in the trailer and tore it down to diagnose the issue. Nice to be out of the weather when tinkering with the machines or even storing them when not in use to stay out of the snow. The black trailer actually heats up enough with the sun to melt off the sleds during the day even if its below freezing outside.

The trails this weekend were really good condition especially if you got on them early, clubs were doing a good job every morning as all trails were groomed to perfection. We were on the trail by 6:00-6:30 every day and clicked off 130 bump free miles before 12:00 and then head back out at night following the fresh groomed trails to get over 200 miles a day which is a pretty good day for tug hill. We had over 500 miles between Friday afternoon and Monday morning left at 9:30.

Comment

Yea Iíve been up last 2 weekends love my 19 rr 8000. Was going ask you if you have had any issues with condensation. I had a 12 ft blizzard left 2 sleds in it and had condensation on roof of trailer water spots also had white power on clutches. I did leave the roof vent open didnít seem to help.

Comment

Was wondering the same thing with condensation, whatís best way to keep in trailer, and not have all the condensation? Hate tying up shop with sleds but last time I left in trailer they had a small residue of lite rust and water spots.
                My point is: Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrow's, or three thousand , or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.

Comment

The trailer is like a can of soda, warms up during the day inside and when it gets cold at night it turns to condensation on the inside. then it eventually freezes and you can see a light frost on them in the morning. When this happens over and over it definitely will leave water spots and or lead to rusting. No good for the gas either...

You Can get solar powered vents that will actually open and close via thermostat to keep air flowing and humidity balanced. MA00-07500K.html

We keep our sleds in a climate controlled space all year around...

Comment

Beautiful trailer, congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                    X