Loving my alpha 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving my alpha 1

Well I've had it out twice now and have 35 miles on it I guess it's just about worn out and I probably need a new one already haha. I will tell you I've been riding for a lot of years so I was well prepared for what this thing might deliver. In the first hundred feet from the truck I had to go over a snowbank in order to get onto the trail that I was going to ride on. While going over that snowbank the sled tipped and I somewhat may have kind of fell off haha. Once I got back on and started riding I got thinking to myself what the heck did I buy? Did I just waste $18,000? Well after about a mile of playing in about three feet of powder on a road I was in love with this thing I have absolutely no regrets it's a little bit tricky to get used to but it's like nothing I've ever road before and it handles like it is part of you or you are part of it I guess. Second ride out we had great snow conditions and I got to practice a bit more it's been on its side a couple of times but it sure digs out of a hole fast I will tell you that. It is absolutely the most responsive sled that I have ever rode I will do my best to give you guys updates over the winter and send photos

...I love the looks of that an I look forward to reading more of your adventures with it.
    1991 yamaha exciter II
    1999 mxz 600
    2006 yamaha vector
    1987 yamaha venture royale
    1983 honda v65 magna
    1977 honda 400-4
    had a great time at the Freeman at Freakride 11,12,13,14,15 and 17
    MEMBER of ROTS POSSE
    " America will never be destroyed from the outside. if we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thatís awesome Doug! Glad it was everything you wanted and hoped for! Congrats on the new whip and ride safe!!
      My point is: Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrow's, or three thousand , or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.

Comment

Thats a bad ass sled for sure! Cant wait to hear how it fairs compared to other mountain sleds you ride with. All reviews are consistent with your saying its very nimble and responsive. I think you are ready for the supercharger kit from Speedwerx, heck whats another $7500 at this point!

Cant wait for more feedback with pictures of the deep and steep!
        Take the performance of your Arctic Cat 8000 C-TEC2 to a new level with our Supercharger Kit that makes 225hp on Premium Pump Gas!

Comment

It is a slow start to our sledding season we don't have a lot of snow yet. We are hanging around the five foot range right now which is good but not really good when you consider you are dealing with stumps and rocks in the higher elevations. I have about a hundred and fifty miles on my sled now over four rides I am still very happy with it I did find out though that it is not designed to go slow through the bush if you are breaking Trail for other people so that they have a decent path to ride on. The sled is definitely meant to be up and floating. As soon as you get it up to a plane which doesn't take very long.

Comment

Comment

Great pics! Glad your having fun! We have nothing to ride on yet, hoping to see some snow this weekend possibly. Ride safe!
              My point is: Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrow's, or three thousand , or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.

Comment

I am sure that Alpha is a trick to ride on the harder pack! The 800 c-tec will be a completely different motor after the break in period which is 400-500 miles, harder to do on the mountain sleds I think... I know mine was like a whole new sled after the break-in.

I see more and more of these long track deep-lug mountain sleds on the trails these days but I will get a big chuckle when I see an Alpha up on tug hill trails mashing moguls...

Keep sending the pics our way! Ride safe

Comment

Working...
                X