Last Trail Ride of The Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Trail Ride of The Season

We took our last ride of the 2017/2018 season this past Saturday. We loaded the SF North American Warhorse Polaris and our ’79 El Tigre’ onto the TruckBoss Sled Deck and headed up to the Charles E. Baker State Forest (a.k.a. Brookfield) hoping to find some snow covered trails.

We left the house with grass showing and only plowed snow piles left in the driveway. As we made our way to Brookfield snow depths continued to increase a little here and there. Where we parked the trail had snow but it was for sure looking questionable. As we started off and rounded the first curve we lost snow coverage and were scraping along on gravel and mud. Right then I really didn’t think we were going to have a good ride. I was so wrong; after only about a quarter mile we found the trail becoming more and more covered. A little further in and the snow was plentiful. Brookfield is a hidden gem. You can ride for hours discovering new trails and that is exactly what we did!

It was 53 degrees and we had the trails to ourselves. The perfect ending to a great season.

We’d like to give a shout out to our major sponsors – THANK YOU all for your continued support as well as the faith and trust you put in us to be out there endorsing your business/product.

North American Warhorse
    HMK USA
    Boondocker Equipment, Inc.
    Truckboss Decks
    C&A Pro Skis
    SledStar Designs

http://www.sledfreak.com/last-ride-of-the-season/

Click image for larger version

Name:	brookfield 3.18 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	400333

interested in advertising on Sledfreak???? contact us at: sales@sledfreak.com

What great ending to your season. I too had a great lastride on the hill last week. Conditions were great, snow plentiful. Miss winter already
    My point is: Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrow's, or three thousand , or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.

Comment

Nice end to the season, most of your rides seem like a loop around the block, is that old cat holding you back? I thought the trails had closed for the season, way to go get it!... This site should have trail reports like this more often, maybe next year......

First I have heard you make mention of these guys, must be they gave Sledfreak some freebees;

HMK USA
      Boondocker Equipment, Inc.
      Truckboss Decks
      C&A Pro Skis
      SledStar Designs

C&A skis on the poo, not CURVE???. Curve is the only company who historically supported Sledfreak from early days and sets up tent next to the Sledfreak trailer on a regular basis and then you decide to throw basic C&A skis on the poo? Not to mention the fact that Curve is a local NY business for Sledfreak... Put the C&A on the old turd and get some nice Curves for that POO!

Comment

C&A are a sponsor
        1991 yamaha exciter II
        1999 mxz 600
        2006 yamaha vector
        1987 yamaha venture royale
        1983 honda v65 magna
        1977 honda 400-4
        had a great time at the Freeman at Freakride 11,12,13,14,15 and 17
        MEMBER of ROTS POSSE
        " America will never be destroyed from the outside. if we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Teet,
          First off, Curve is a great product. we love our Curve skis! We run Curve on both race sleds and actually have plans for next year. (Keep your eye out)
          Second, We have had some GREAT rides this year. Some longer rides (hundreds of miles) and some (short loops)
          I can say I enjoy riding and making miles, getting to a destination (new or old) and eating or just talking about the ride.
          I also very much enjoy short rides alone or with a good freind to adventure, take pictures, and sight see. The last ride Freshgirl and I took (to nowhere) only 18.7miles, 3+ hours was a freaking blast...!
          Short loops long rides.... if your having fun, it's a good ride!!!

P.S. Trails closed, but Brookfield is stateland which stays open.

Curve? C&A Pro Skis? Both GREAT products and both long time supporting advertisers of SF.

Sledfreak supports the company's that support us and the great sport of snowmobiling.
          Sponsors:

Curve industries- Skis, sled raps, custom t-shirts+more
          SHERBURNE SPORTS-For any and all your parts, summer-winter.
          C3 powersports- Belt drives for any snowmobile,race or trail...! carbon fiber components.
          MARCELLUS SALES- Arctic Cat, snapper mowers, Amish
          THE CUTTING EDGE lawn care.

AND A BIG THANKS TO SLED FREAK!!!!

Comment

Beating a dead horse!!!
            2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
            We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
            But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
            What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
            It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X