Storm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm

So there is a storm coming - doesn't sound very promising however for much snow. If we do get snow though, it's most likely going to be a very short lived window for play time.
    Predictions are that March is going to be warmer than average which means any snow that comes from here on out is just a spring-like snow that will come and go quickly. I call that a nuisance snow.

Sorry to say i'm just ready for spring to come and stay and then work into WATERCROSS Season! Watercross season lasts much longer than snow season anymore

Click image for larger version

Name:	storm 2-28.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	400217

interested in advertising on Sledfreak???? contact us at: sales@sledfreak.com

Yes I'm ready to get the bikes out and hopefully make a watercress race this year....
    1991 yamaha exciter II
    1999 mxz 600
    2006 yamaha vector
    1987 yamaha venture royale
    1983 honda v65 magna
    1977 honda 400-4
    had a great time at the Freeman at Freakride 11,12,13,14,15 and 17
    MEMBER of ROTS POSSE
    " America will never be destroyed from the outside. if we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Beginning of winter was awesome, looked like it was gonna be a great winter. Then Mother Nature pulled her tricks. Glad I got in what riding I did, if the hill gets the 6-10 they are calling for, I will go up for a short rip. Just to get a last ride in. Think snow for a few more weeks and then let spring pour in.
      My point is: Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrow's, or three thousand , or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.

Comment

You should be ashamed! First as a snowmobiler, but certainly as the owner of a snowmobile website and forum... You want the spring to come early, what the f***? Are you serious... If you are ready for spring march 1st then go to florida and watercross its plenty warm there for you...

14-18" with 2ft in some areas. Hoping for one hell of a nuisance dumping......

Comment

Teet... relax, we are all frustrated. I think all Deb is saying is that with this winter being a wash, it is time for the weather to change for all of us to do something productive, whether it be Motorcycling, ATV, Watercross or just riding the lawn tractor. Not much to do on cold wet days with not enough snow to ride and no base to hold what snow we may get. The fat lady dropped lots of dandruff early on but I think she is now clearing her throats for a swan song.
          "Lets live a little, before we die forever"
          WWW.swoyerracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by cheech324 View Post
            Teet... relax, we are all frustrated. I think all Deb is saying is that with this winter being a wash, it is time for the weather to change for all of us to do something productive, whether it be Motorcycling, ATV, Watercross or just riding the lawn tractor. Not much to do on cold wet days with not enough snow to ride and no base to hold what snow we may get. The fat lady dropped lots of dandruff early on but I think she is now clearing her throats for a swan song.
            Funny... I am sure I am not the only one who was taken back by the spring to come early and stay comment!

Im looking forward to getting the boat out too but its March 1st not May 1st.... The season is too short as it is...

Comment

Teet i'm not giving up yet either.. sorry about link it wont freakin work..

Comment

Originally posted by cheech324 View Post
                Exactly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teet-F7SP View Post
                  You should be ashamed! First as a snowmobiler, but certainly as the owner of a snowmobile website and forum... You want the spring to come early, what the f***? Are you serious... If you are ready for spring march 1st then go to florida and watercross its plenty warm there for you...

14-18" with 2ft in some areas. Hoping for one hell of a nuisance dumping......

If we hadnt had a warm up and lost so much snow and base, Id be more happy about the coming storm. If the days following this impending storm were going to be cold and stay cold for a period of time - like until April - Id be happy about the coming storm. If it wasnt predicted to be a wet heavy Damaging storm Id be much more inclined to be happy about the coming storm!

I have absolutely no reason to be ashamed for stating that Im looking forward to Spring and moving into the next season!
                  Yes, I own a snowmobile website and related business that revolves around Snowmobiling.
                  But, SNOW is not always needed!!
                  We operate and are on the road YEAR-ROUND - at least once a month throughout the entire year- often twice a month - SUPPORTING events, races, individuals & businesses in and around the Snowmobile Community and industry. And every day we are not on the road we are still doing what we do on a daily basis.
                  For this I am VERY PROUD!!

Last edited by freshgirl; 03-01-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I agree with you Deb. It would be nice to have more good late winter conditions but spring has already come early. There has been way too much melting and raining even in the higher elevations. The trail system as a whole was already by in large shot. It is just too warm. The sun is too high. It was 36 today. A lot of the 8-10" of snow yesterday in the Black River Valley has already disappeared.Most of the fields along Rt 12 are almost bare today. Unless you knew how they looked before, you would think it never snowed. This storm was mostly a make-work event for everyone in snow country who had to clean up after it. For trails it was a short-term shot that will not last. Nor will any other from here on out. Rain or wet snow and 35is predicted even in the higher elevations mid-week. I would like to get more snowmobiling and definitely some cross country skiing in but if any snow that falls is only going to last a day or two then we might as well not have not have more salt and sand put on the roads and we can get the bicycles and motorcycles out.
                    Last edited by freestylebackcountry; 03-03-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Freshgirl you should be very PROUD, everyone notices your hard work and your never thanked enough, THANK YOU! And I get your story but I will continue to hope for snow no matter if its March, you can do your spring stuff next month and watercross in June... Thanks though because now I have the Willy Nelson song stuck in my head.... "On the road again"...

Hope I am not the only one who got some of the best riding in so far this year from the nuicense snow!!! We got 10" at the lake house and then 18-24" as you got up on the hill, which was awesome! Was great riding in the deep snow and saw maybe 4-6 other sleds all day and night... Nice to ride right from the doorstep although I did have to drive up Friday from Virginia but is always worth it to get a good ride in!

Lots of down trees and bent over limbs on the trails we had to clear up but it was all part of the fun. The bent over limbs you could shake the tree and it would rise out of the way once the snow fell off but we stopped a lot to make sure all was clear for others and for us on way back to not have to stop. Most places had healthy 18" but we found plenty of non-wind blown fields up on the hill (not tug hill) with all of 20-24" of snow, coming over the hood if not on the throttle... Some drifts on the east west hedgerows to play in too!

We only rode 135 miles but I would think lots of track spinning as we were in the fresh snow all day. Fun drifts all over the place and fields were full of snow to carve back and forth free riding off trail through the government land. Got to give the Cross Country a work out and was glad to say that the belt still looks like new after 1200+ miles. I am very impressed with the new sled, the chassis, the new 800 cat motor and Team clutches, all are a huge improvement for Cat!

Maybe some more nuicense snow coming this week, sorry...

Comment

Teet, I'm super happy you and many others are enjoying the new fallen snow! Glad for all the businesses that were also starting to think the season was a wash. I know they will take anything they can get at this point.
                        More snow coming Wednesday and again Sunday has a lot of people smiling and I am excited to see everyone's pictures and stories of their adventures!

BUT......
                        Yes, I said but .............. I'm still personally not too happy about the spring type snow....... cause like I said above (where I got scolded ) spring storms are typically damaging and that is exactly what it was for so many - my youngest daughter included. They had a huge tree land on their house and do extensive damage. I am extremely grateful that she, her boyfriend and all the fur babies are ok! However, they will be displaced for an undetermined amount of time. Not good timing as they are expecting their first child in less than two months............. just when they were getting the nursery ready - this had to happen......... So, needless to say (don't scold me Teet!) I'm no happier about the next two predicted storms either - but only for their sake and all others who are still cleaning up and getting through the last storm.
                        For those who are able to enjoy it via snowmobile or however else - I'm happy!

Comment

Glad to hear everyone is safe, Thats the main thing! Hope insurance treats them well.

Sorry for "scolding" but keep up the snow spirit for us who like to ride in March.

I agree with you, wind sucks, I am not a fan of the heavy wind either... The Storms can bring as much snow as they want though.

Comment

Here you go Freaks!! You can thank me for saying I was looking forward to Spring and Watercross season.... now winter is staying on for a while.
                            http://www.syracuse.com/weather/inde...incart_m-rpt-1

karma right Teet!?!
                            ❄️❄️❄️❄️
                            Im super happy for the businesses that were just as discouraged a few weeks ago with the weather.
                            They are back to being busy .

Comment

Not Karma, just the way we like March to be... I am happy for the extra business you will pick up from this as well! Wicked excited for the snowy March were having and to get some extra miles on!!

Ride Safe and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X