Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redcat View Post

That Missing Link Snowmobile Club trail report is from Stonecliff, Ontario
    we have Sledfreak family everywhere.... not just Northeast.
    Not just Tug Hill

interested in advertising on Sledfreak???? contact us at: sales@sledfreak.com

Comment

Originally posted by freshgirl View Post

we have Sledfreak family everywhere.... not just Northeast.
      Not just Tug Hill

Take a look. It was posted under Tug Hill trail reports.
      Northern Foothills of The Tug

Comment

Ok so lets not post any trail reports here and lets let Fakebook take over. Might as well close up shop at Sledfreak now!

Trail reports are for people to share their ride experiences, locations, good bad and ugly trails, stops at local establishments, the gear they use and the sled they ride... Not just about trail closures... If nobody posts ride reports and only hazards or trail closures its going to be wicked boring and the reason why this site is currently as inactive as its ever been...

Doesn't anyone remember when DDD use to post updates daily and show pics/vids of places all over the hill even if he had to drive there. That is whats left behind in recent years. This site use to be full of people telling about their weekend and upcoming rides. If this site wants to stay alive and obtain sponsors its important that the old ways become the norm otherwise people have no reason to log on to this site... There is a huge decline in activity from admins and members...

There is hope, Arctic chat was in the same boat and now their site is more active than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Teet-F7SP View Post
          Ok so lets not post any trail reports here and lets let Fakebook take over. Might as well close up shop at Sledfreak now!

Trail reports are for people to share their ride experiences, locations, good bad and ugly trails, stops at local establishments, the gear they use and the sled they ride... Not just about trail closures... If nobody posts ride reports and only hazards or trail closures its going to be wicked boring and the reason why this site is currently as inactive as its ever been...

Doesn't anyone remember when DDD use to post updates daily and show pics/vids of places all over the hill even if he had to drive there. That is whats left behind in recent years. This site use to be full of people telling about their weekend and upcoming rides. If this site wants to stay alive and obtain sponsors its important that the old ways become the norm otherwise people have no reason to log on to this site... There is a huge decline in activity from admins and members...

There is hope, Arctic chat was in the same boat and now their site is more active than ever.
          Teet Facebook HAS taken over. It is a very useful tool, I get all my news from racing, sledding, motorcycling, boating, etc., all in one place. Resist all you want but I cannot see .coms making a resurgence.
          If I rode NY I would post here but I have not ridden NY in several years. We all do what works for us.
          Chris did post regularly but his deal was different than Debs Chris lived in Brantingham, Earlville is a bit farther away. Deb has a presence on FB and there are trail reports there by many different people all day long.
          Resistance is futile.
          2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
          We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
          But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
          What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
          It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

What happened to all those videos that guy posted last year while out riding Tug Hill on the NA Warhorse Polaris? I really enjoyed them.
            www.blackducklax.com

Comment

The thing is that while Farcebook may be convenient for quick posts, forums like this are much better for discussion and also just finding information that has been posted because you have a list of topics with subject lines, categories if that is the way the board is set up, etc. Discussions stay organized, replies are in chronological order, you can insert links and pictures where you want, you can use formatting like bold and italic, you can quote previous responses, etc. It takes a little more effort to post, but it is worth it. And you don't have to sort through pictures of someone's cat and other BS...

Comment

Originally posted by freestylebackcountry View Post
                The thing is that while Farcebook may be convenient for quick posts, forums like this are much better for discussion and also just finding information that has been posted because you have a list of topics with subject lines, categories if that is the way the board is set up, etc. Discussions stay organized, replies are in chronological order, you can insert links and pictures where you want, you can use formatting like bold and italic, you can quote previous responses, etc. It takes a little more effort to post, but it is worth it. And you don't have to sort through pictures of someone's cat and other BS...
                Agreed, unfortunately Mother Nature does not want to cooperate. As I had stated earlier I am a member of a Quebec board that still has lots of members and exactly what you said above happens along with Facebook, they work together. I believe if the snow came and stayed this place might get closer to what it use to be.

I can only assume you don't use FB, when I was in Quebec week before last during the thaw the information on FB about NY was very through and in chronological order. I have no skin in FB other than being a user I cannot imagine why some resist so much. It is the information highway.

Are you going to the Freak ride?

2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
                We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
                But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
                What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
                It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

Not sure if its nice or sad. Seeing the old timers trying to hold on to what was. I too remember the old days before you ran us off, and made it a boring place...lol. Facebook is just to flowing with info to check back here for reports...

Comment

Originally posted by Teet-F7SP View Post

Or if Admins think outside the box... Try posting Facebook info on here for the non face bookers and maybe that will boost member participation... Here to help
                    Try using Facebook and donít feel so special.

Comment

Originally posted by Justified View Post
                      Not sure if its nice or sad. Seeing the old timers trying to hold on to what was. I too remember the old days before you ran us off, and made it a boring place...lol. Facebook is just to flowing with info to check back here for reports...
                      justified lives!!!! I wondered if you were still alive or on vacation in a 6x6 like your buddy

Comment

Originally posted by rt.8 eddie View Post

Try using Facebook and donít feel so special.
                        You are cute! Feeling special for not being a Facebook user, I was just trying to help suggest ways of improving the site. Obviously this site has gone downhill at a rapid rate over the past few years just by reading others comments, not just mine... I honestly think there would be more activity here if there were a way to filter Facebook posts to show up on this site in an organized fashion. The trail reports and info on this site was the worst it has ever been this year so the way I see it, you have two options...

1. Let Facebook continue to take away activity from Sledfreak and watch the vessel sink... The crickets have been chirping here all season even when riding is plentiful...

2. Step up and use their site to boost the activity on the Sledfreak site. People will still use Facebook but at least there is an opportunity to pull more people back to this site more regularly. You can see that most people who were regular participators for many years don't even come on the site anymore (look at the activity page). If they avoid this site because they are using facebook for everything then why not make the info available on this site so they at least still have some initiative to come here to check in. Correct me if I am wrong but advertisers want to see activity on the site in order to sponsor and without advertisers you have no income other than shirts,,, boost traffic here by sharing some of the relevant Facebook info on here even if it is just a link and it should generate more activity which hopefully will lead sledfreak a better direction.

Sorry for trying to help, again... Maybe Eddie has a better plan and the site will kick in to high gear when watercross season opens up?

Comment

Originally posted by Justified View Post
                          Hey Old Timer, miss you around here... Hope you got a ton of riding in this year!

See proof there is more to all of this...... "BEFORE YOU RAN US OFF"

Comment

Regarding pictures, Instagram is now where it's at. Facebook, for notifications, quick remarks and chat.

Comment

Working...
                            X