Whatís going on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatís going on?

I have always come on this site for the most up to date news and Info, but for a while now there is neither. I just had a text from a friend that showed some sleds frozen in ice with a Sledfreak logo photo shoped across the pic.... I couldnít find it here anywhere..... asked him about it and he said itís all over Facebook... again.. there are still people not on Facebook and come here for info... but it seems this site has become null and void.... donít know why Sledfreak is posting info on Facebook but Not on their own site.... just seems like if we are going to give this site any kind of hope we need to make it more of a priority.
    "Lets live a little, before we die forever"
    WWW.swoyerracing.com

Originally posted by cheech324 View Post
    I have always come on this site for the most up to date news and Info, but for a while now there is neither. I just had a text from a friend that showed some sleds frozen in ice with a Sledfreak logo photo shoped across the pic.... I couldnít find it here anywhere..... asked him about it and he said itís all over Facebook... again.. there are still people not on Facebook and come here for info... but it seems this site has become null and void.... donít know why Sledfreak is posting info on Facebook but Not on their own site.... just seems like if we are going to give this site any kind of hope we need to make it more of a priority.
    I understand the frustration and see the changes as Fbook growth takes over. The old days we used Craigslist or Forums to sell Sleds but now Facebook Marketplace is where I went to look for good used sled. I don't have a Fbook account but my wife does so I used it to purchase 2 sleds. I would love to see more posts on Freaks site I only hope someday the information we want is in a thread on sledfreak forum.

sigpic

Comment

I stopped wondering whats up with this site a long time ago. The admins NEVER update any trail conditions or snow totals like they use to back when DDD was around. This site is basically a place to buy sledfreak apparel.

I also refuse to join the Facebook crowd as I am not interested in others knowing my business. Therefore I check in here often but then its off to another forum where there is activity.

I tried to offer advice to promote business/activity a handful of times but it seems to go on deaf ears as we all sit and watch this site on a steady decline in activity.

Anybody post trail reports anymore?

Comment

Unfortunately, Facebook has been taking away traffic from message boards. "The admins" of a board like this simply can not keep up with trail and snow conditions because they are not making enough money off advertising on the board for it to pay them to spend all their time checking on trail conditions. A board like this only works if the members post information.

Comment

http://www.sledfreak.com/category/trail-reports/

Some updated trail reports on here from tug clubs.

Comment

Unfortunately this site is directing traffic to Facebook also.. its the bandwagon and why people walk around with their phones in their faces...

http://www.sledfreak.com/on-the-road/

Comment

Originally posted by Teet-F7SP View Post
              http://www.sledfreak.com/category/trail-reports/

Some updated trail reports on here from tug clubs.
              That Missing Link Snowmobile Club trail report is from Stonecliff, Ontario
              Northern Foothills of The Tug

Comment

most clubs have a website many post daily...
                1991 yamaha exciter II
                1999 mxz 600
                2006 yamaha vector
                1987 yamaha venture royale
                1983 honda v65 magna
                1977 honda 400-4
                had a great time at the Freeman at Freakride 11,12,13,14,15 and 17
                MEMBER of ROTS POSSE
                " America will never be destroyed from the outside. if we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Redcat View Post

That Missing Link Snowmobile Club trail report is from Stonecliff, Ontario
                  It doesn't surprise me...

Comment

I just signed on for the first time in a year. I don't visit forum sites that much anymore. I get all my news, weather, trail reports, etc off of Facebook. Personally, I love it.
                    www.blackducklax.com

Comment

Originally posted by freestylebackcountry View Post
                      Unfortunately, Facebook has been taking away traffic from message boards. "The admins" of a board like this simply can not keep up with trail and snow conditions because they are not making enough money off advertising on the board for it to pay them to spend all their time checking on trail conditions. A board like this only works if the members post information.
                      Well said - 'thank you freestyle' - a forum works only if 'members' participate.
                      interested in advertising on Sledfreak???? contact us at: sales@sledfreak.com

Comment

Originally posted by freshgirl View Post

Well said - 'thank you freestyle' - a forum works only if 'members' participate.
                        Or if Admins think outside the box... Try posting Facebook info on here for the non face bookers and maybe that will boost member participation... Here to help

Comment

Trail reports other than posting trails closed , hazards etc. are kind of worthless . If your reading posts on line then by the time you hit the trails the conditions have changed . Seen to many times someone posts trails are great and then when someone else rides them they are beat and then a pi$$in match ensues . So pretty much assume they were all groomed through the night . The early bird gets the worm !

Comment

Exactly dooooer I never put much faith in trail reports only for hazzards or closures, ya want to ride... ride
                            I check clubs websites to plan my route for the best way I want to go or should go..

1991 yamaha exciter II
                            1999 mxz 600
                            2006 yamaha vector
                            1987 yamaha venture royale
                            1983 honda v65 magna
                            1977 honda 400-4
                            had a great time at the Freeman at Freakride 11,12,13,14,15 and 17
                            MEMBER of ROTS POSSE
                            " America will never be destroyed from the outside. if we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Teet-F7SP View Post

Or if Admins think outside the box... Try posting Facebook info on here for the non face bookers and maybe that will boost member participation... Here to help
                              Teet beside QR that has riders posting important trail news, FB is it, get on or get left behind. Things will not go back to .com when you can get everything you need in one place. Privacy can be set anyway you want.
                              Think snow...
                              2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
                              We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
                              But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
                              What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
                              It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X